What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loan or Account tracker? Recommendations?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm looking for a loan, or expense/account management application for a friend. Multiple accounts, with credit and debit transactions in each account.

Please excuse the lack of technical terms, as I know what I want to do, but not what to call each transaction component.

Imagine an account as an ongoing relationship with a store, where you buy on credit and pay on time, with payments possible in both cash and goods or services.

An account debit would typically be a purchase, but it might also be a loan (cash from a friend). An account credit (payment) may be made with cash, or by making a purchase/providing a service to the "store" or friend.

Individual items in the account ledger need to be able to be optionally cleared, wholly or partially, by a credit transaction. Imagine ad-hoc child rearing expenses, collected from a spouse on an irregular basis.

Multiple accounts need to be supported.

Synchronization of transactions between iPad and iPhone is a plus, so that either device can be used at any time to capture a transaction. Imagine a friend making a purchase on your behalf, and you want to capture that immediately on your phone so you don't forget. You add this to the total you owe this friend, and on payday, you pay the friend $500 toward your total "loan" with him.

Does this make any sense?

Anyone have any likely prospects? I set up a couple of spreadsheets for her to manage this already, however the data entry is clunky at best.

OP
thewitt

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions.

I've found the near perfect app for my needs. It's just been released and the only feature I'm missing is being added in their next update.

It's called Cash Lender. Very simple. Very clean. Does almost exactly what I need.

Most reactions

Latest posts