What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live radio tuner for ipad

Alwaystalkin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to tune into live radio for local station that broadcasts at conventions, church, ect for the hearing impaired. Would like to tune into certain fm station bein broadcast at local convention so that I can record through iPad using auditorium
Thanks for input

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad has no FM (or AM) receiver circuitry, so it can't pick up radio signals... You need a real radio to do this..

If the station also broadcasts its programming on the internet, then you can use one of the internet radio apps (Like TuneIn Radio).

OP
A

Alwaystalkin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I thought so but was hoping for something better....

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just a thought.. If you took along a small radio with an earphone jack, you might be able to connect the audio-out from the radio to the audio-in jack on the iPad. Then, you could record it using one of the recording apps available on the App Store..

The iPad uses a 4 conductor 3.5mm jack with one of the rings being used for recording... Like this ---> Minute Man Electronics 4 Conductor 3.5mm Plugs, Jacks & Cables

I know you can record through the iPod audio jack, but I'm not familiar with the plug so I don't know which ring to use. Perhaps someone who's done this will read this topic and will be able to help you hook it up...

OP
A

Alwaystalkin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for responses will take small fm radio tomorrow bought jack at radio shack for three bucks I think that will do the trick. I have seen some apps saying they are fm tuners for iPad but not sure I want to waste the money unless some has experience with them working. Thanks again will let you know how it works. I already use unites for note taking and recording just wanted better quality recordings

Most reactions

Latest posts