What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lightning card reader won't work

Gopcs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my first Apple device. It is not going well.

I bought the Lightning camera connection kit. The iPad 4 has recognized the card reader before, but not today!

I have a Sandisk 2GB card formatted FAT (not FAT32). It has one directory "DCIM" and one sub directory "100D5000". There are about 50 photos with names like IMG_0001.jpg.

I have power cycled the iPad. It did not help. Any suggestions?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is my first Apple device. It is not going well. I bought the Lightning camera connection kit. The iPad 4 has recognized the card reader before, but not today! I have a Sandisk 2GB card formatted FAT (not FAT32). It has one directory "DCIM" and one sub directory "100D5000". There are about 50 photos with names like IMG_0001.jpg. I have power cycled the iPad. It did not help. Any suggestions?
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Look at your card: is it perhaps locked (little switch at the side of the card)?
Take a closer look at the connector of your iPad. Perhaps it has to be cleaned.
It's also possible that the connector (CCK) is defective.

OP
G

Gopcs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

SD card is not locked.
Connector is clean. iPad jack is clean.

I'll carry it to the Apple Store. I've had it about 3 months.
Thinking I should've got an Android tablet.

Most reactions

Latest posts