What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

left side bar...how to remove

Reaction score
Bookmarks tool bar has appeared on the left side of ipad and takes up almost half the screen. How can I remove it?

Thank you!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bookmarks tool bar has appeared on the left side of ipad and takes up almost half the screen. How can I remove it?

Thank you!
Just tap the book icon again and it will disappear.
image.jpg

OP
B
Reaction score
Aloha!
YOU are awesome! Ashamed to admit that I spent over an hour trying to figure out how to make it disappear.

Thank you so much!

Kieran2001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear PLR,
I'm so happy you found a solution to your issue. You can ask pretty ask anything (within the terms of service) on here as long as it follows the TOS and is in the right topic.

Kind Regards,
Kieran (This message was sent from a iPad Air)

SheilaB104

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And another big THANK YOU! I was having this same problem and I knew it must be a simple tap to turn it off somewhere, but darned if I could figure it out. So glad I found this page! :)

Cmcmcl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you SO much! I went to two other forums and neither of them had the info you posted! They had all sorts of other suggestions that I could not use. And, it's such a simple fix, I wonder why so many of us had problems with it?! The screen shot really helped. Again, thank you!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you SO much! I went to two other forums and neither of them had the info you posted! They had all sorts of other suggestions that I could not use. And, it's such a simple fix, I wonder why so many of us had problems with it?! The screen shot really helped. Again, thank you!
I'm glad I could be of help.

Jenny hopes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:)Thanks!!! I can never understand why it has to be SO ENORMOUS!!!!:confused:
There's no option that I can find to resize it, or is there & I'm just missing something. I used a mac laptop a few years back, but I really didn't do much but game on it. This is my first iOS & I bought it 2nd hand so I'm learning as I go along. I've pretty much used Windows in the past.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
:)Thanks!!! I can never understand why it has to be SO ENORMOUS!!!!:confused:
There's no option that I can find to resize it, or is there & I'm just missing something. I used a mac laptop a few years back, but I really didn't do much but game on it. This is my first iOS & I bought it 2nd hand so I'm learning as I go along. I've pretty much used Windows in the past.
Welcome to iPad Forums, and congratulations on your new device!

The size of that bar can't be customized, there's no possibility to resize it.

Most reactions