What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leather smart cover worth it over poly?

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the green poly, and kinda wish I waited and got the navy leather when it came in locally. But now I'm going to wait for the 3rd party cases/covers to come out.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple gave me a navy blue leather cover as a courtesy per an error on their part. I was originally hesitant about trying out the cover, thinking I might just take it in and exchange it for something else. Turns out I like it a lot. Nice look, good feel and is a good utility (for me, a great typing angle, which is what I need the most). Not bad at all.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked at both the poly and leather versions. The leather felt great, but also felt just a little heavier and I wanted no extra weight. I didn't test it, but I wonder if the leather versions stay attached as well when opened onto the back side. Someone should test the magnetic hold differences, if there are any. I ended up with the gray poly...love it!

Most reactions