What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LAN, Wireless N & IOS

obee72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am trying to stream HD films to the iPad from my Synology 2TB NAS but every time I play a vid, I can hear the sound but the picture is very choppy. To the point where it doesn't really move.

I have a Netgear DGND3700 dual band router and have setup the N band and successfully connected to it from the iPad. The NAS is connected to the router via Homeplugs and it very fast for music or photos.

Does anyone have any tips on preferred configurations for the router or just any tips in general really to try to solve the streaming issue ?

Ta
Obee72

andrzejls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am trying to stream HD films to the iPad from my Synology 2TB NAS but every time I play a vid, I can hear the sound but the picture is very choppy. To the point where it doesn't really move.

I have a Netgear DGND3700 dual band router and have setup the N band and successfully connected to it from the iPad. The NAS is connected to the router via Homeplugs and it very fast for music or photos.

Does anyone have any tips on preferred configurations for the router or just any tips in general really to try to solve the streaming issue ?

Ta
Obee72
Couple of suggestions

1. you might have one of those rare iPads with WiFi issues.
2. get yourself WiFi analyzer software and find WiFi channel that is least used by others and set your network to that channel.
3. Netgear router might not be "friendly" with iPad.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Exactly what kind and size files are you streaming? Not any file can be streamed over wireless with good Performance.

OP
O

obee72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't seem to find any wifi analysers for IOS. Does anyone know of any ?

File sizes are 200mb to 2gb.

Most reactions

Latest posts