What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all been a long while, need help again. Getting stress with typing the pads seem to bounce or ppriiiiiiiit more thhaan one Letter or Space.
I have changed nothing from what you see sometimes it wookks sometimes not
Donee a couple of rreeseets. Difference pens my fingers. No change.
Should lol maybe full bacmk up and restore

TIA K

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Touchscreen keyboard, or physical? If physical is it Bluetooth, or smart connector?

Hi thanks for replying, yesterday after my post l saw the update to 11.4 since then the internal keyboard has been working fine. With various pens etc.
Might have been just luck.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello all once again. My keyboard started to give stress again. I'm using the latest update so took off the screen protector that didn't help. Finally got to the bottom of the problem, it only happens when the iPad is charge.
And l am using it. Glad to see your all doing well.
Keep my problem in mind should someone else have it.
BB

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Touch screens can be affected by bad electrical grounds. We saw this with a few early iPad models, especially when people were using cheap third party cables and/or chargers. If you charger and cable are standard, try the iPad in a different outlet. If that does not work, try a different house/place and see what happens.

Good luck.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To be absolutely honest with you, none of my chargers or cables are original. Over time and for a variety they have been swapped or disappeared.
The chargers get hot, stop charging. The battery gets warm and cuts out. At at about 65% l unplug leave it an hour or and it charges some more.
Or l charge it on an iPhone original charger and it charges up to 85%. Takes much longer though.
Still at least l know why the screen was going crazy [emoji12]

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Must be my problem month on iOS
The good news is my iPad is charging perfectly after l brought an Original Apple Charger and changed my extension cable.
Thanks for the help.
B.B.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think 2 things got mixed up here. But one was the charging, the other the keyboard. Now for something really weird, the keyboard has suddenly started to behave normally again. I have done nothing.
No problem with pressing keys or anything. Great.
Glad this month is nearly over.
B.B.
No just the text replacement thing to do with the ½

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As I mentioned before, a bad charger can cause grounding issues, which can cause unpredictable touches on the screen. Only happens when the iPad is plugged in. So you may have solved both problems with the new charger.

Most reactions