What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping Solitaire Points

Expatriate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am faced with the imminent purchase of a new iPad to replace my ageing iPad Air.

Can I transfer the hard-won 8.5 million Solitaire points to the new machine?

I haven't had 8½ million of anything before and would be sad to lose them. 😞

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It depends on the app.

If the app developer chose to save progress in the backed up portion of ther app directory, the the points will come back when you restore the old iPad's backup to the new one. Be sure to do a backup before switching.

If the app stores it's game progress in a cloud account (iCloud, google drive, whatever) then the points will be restored when you sign into the new account in the app. If the app does not have an account, it probsbably does not use this method. Not unless it uses iCloud.

If the app keeps all it's data on the iPad, and does neither rof the above two, then there is no way to keep your points.

You can try going to the app's developer website, if they have one, and asking. Otherwise you can hope the app is popular enough to have a some social network presence and ask that community for their experiences.

Note. There is a small chance that Game Center on the iPad keeps score info that will be automatically restored.. I don't know if this is true, but having Game Center enabled is worth a try.

OP
Expatriate

Expatriate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solitaire, I have always thought, comes with the OS. I see that there is a range of other versions of the game available in the App Store, but I have always used the version that came with the machine. So, when it comes to contacting the Social Network for the game, I went to this august forum. ;)

I have switched on Game Center but I do not know how to do the Backup of which you speak.

Backup what, and how?

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Here is Apple's support page for backups.

I don't know what solitary game you have or how you got it, but it did not come with the iPad. To the best of my recollection there are not games on the initial install of the iPad. Apple does not make a solitaire game.

There are several which can be downloaded for free from the App Store. Which game is it?

If you tap on your account icon in the top left corner of the App Store, you can go to the Purchased list. Tsp on your solitaire app to take you to the App Store where you can see the details.

Image.png

OP
Expatriate

Expatriate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You got me! o_O

There is no Solitaire game in the App Store which has the same Icon as the game on my screen. As I said, this is an aged iPad (iPad Air, Model # MD785X/A, Serial #DLXLV0EAFK10, OS 12.5.7).

I seem to remember that Solitaire was the first thing I recognised on this new-fangled touch-screen thingy when I got it. I am sure I didn't download it - I wouldn't have known how to.

I can't find anything in the Solitaire App which tells me anything about it but here's what it looks like.

You can see why I'd like to keep the points. ;)
Solitaire 8500111.png

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your solitaire app would have been in the App Store at the time it was installed on your old iPad but has since been removed. I have several apps on older devices that have been removed from the App Store and my purchase history.
If you don’t remember downloading the app, someone else may have. As has been said before, there are no pre-installed games on the iPad or iPhone.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the solitaire game is no longer on the App Store, and you can't even see it using the instructions I gave, then chances are you won't be able to use it on your new iPad either.

Some games linger on the App Store, hidden from purchase but still available for those who already purchased them, but if it is gone even from you purchased list there will be no restoring it on the new iPad.

Which means keeping the points is moot.

Most reactions

Latest posts