What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keep IPAD On In Case?

kwagoner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the ILUV portfollio case with bluetooth keyboard. Is it safe to keep the IPAD on inside the case with it closed? Wondering if the IPAD generates heat in the standby mode and could it damage the IPAD or keyboard.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both my iPads reside in sleep mode in cases when I am not using them without any issues, so I think you are fine.

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At one point, Apple advised charging iPad outside of a case, but I don't know if that advice is still on its website.

I figured that if I felt my iPad getting warm while charging in its case, I'd worry about it. If not, I wouldn't. I didn't, so I don't. (I use a back-only case anyway.)

Worse comes to worse, I figure that getting warm might diminish battery life a bit, in which case I will just get a battery replacement sooner than later.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually, I think Apple prefers that you NEVER turn your iPad off. Steve Jobs didn't like on/off buttons. I leave mine on 24/7 and charge it will in its case. Absolutely no problems. The iPad 2 is very energy efficient and will use very little, if any, power while in sleep mode.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, I think Apple prefers that you NEVER turn your iPad off. Steve Jobs didn't like on/off buttons. I leave mine on 24/7 and charge it will in its case. Absolutely no problems. The iPad 2 is very energy efficient and will use very little, if any, power while in sleep mode.

I turn mine off maybe every six months or so, like if something hangs.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple - Batteries - iPad

Just checked on Apple site. Lower right says to remove while charging, depending on some cases. So if yours isn't getting warm while charging, no worries.

Most reactions