What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junk filter for mail program

scott4399

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have a iPad 2 I use comcast and gmail for my email. My question is, is there avway to filter junk mail on the iPad mail program, or thru the comcast or google settings. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thank you

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just happened to stumble across this old post while I was Googling something related. Just in case anyone finds themselves asking the same question, the basic answer is no, there isn't anything that you can do on your iPad to reduce or stop spam emails.

What you can do is configure the spam filter(s) on your email server or with your ISP. Mail servers employ applications that filter spam, viruses, etc. (most often SpamAssassin) and they can be adjusted to intercept emails suspected of being spam. They usually have a feature that allows you to create black and white lists that will block or allow specific email addresses and/or IP addresses as well.

Hope that helps!

Most reactions

Latest posts