What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JavaScript acting up

Jimmyfre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As from today I have all sorts of JavaScript errors when I access Facebook. It doesn't show any images or let me do anything on Facebook site. Any ideas? The debug consule shows 26 errors on the page saying : Reference error can't find variable boot loader or Result of expression big_pipe is not an object...

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried the 'fix most problems' solution of a complete power down of the iPad? It's amazing just how many problems this *does* fix. But I'm guessing that you've probably done this...

Tim

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Long shot, but sometimes works. Go to "settings" in your iPad. Highlight Safari, look in the right hand pane, and find the "clear cookies" and " clear cache" buttons. Clear both

Make sure JavaScript is set to on, and that cookies is set to accept from visited. After making these changes, switch off your iPad, then on and try again. Post back with results fingers crossed.:)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
J

Jimmyfre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Worth the shot but didn't work... Any other ideas?

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jimmyfre said:
Worth the shot but didn't work... Any other ideas?

I'm starting to wonder if this might be a FB issue....Anyone else? :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
J

Jimmyfre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just got off the phone with Apple support. Apparently the date settings were incorrect. My Ipad was working in the past, year was 2010. So I just adjusted the date to the correct one. And everything is back to normal.

Spread the word ;-)

Thanks for your help and time anyway.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New One

just got off the phone with Apple support. Apparently the date settings were incorrect. My Ipad was working in the past, year was 2010. So I just adjusted the date to the correct one. And everything is back to normal.

Spread the word ;-)

Thanks for your help and time anyway.

Thanks for the info....Dd they tell you how this happened? :)

OP
J

Jimmyfre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not really, was travelling back and forth to the states for a while, probably the settings got messed up...

bigredkeg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Java Script errors

I have the original ipad and I am having the same problems as listed above.
I tried all of the above and even checked the date, but none of that was of any help.
I turned on Debug console and it came up with one error stating, "Java Script Error, "null" is not an object"
Can anyone help me with this? I do not know anything about Java Script... let alone how to debug.

BigRed

dee dee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bigredkeg said:
I have the original ipad and I am having the same problems as listed above.
I tried all of the above and even checked the date, but none of that was of any help.
I turned on Debug console and it came up with one error stating, "Java Script Error, "null" is not an object"
Can anyone help me with this? I do not know anything about Java Script... let alone how to debug.

BigRed

Hi I'm new at this also has anyone got back to u about JavaScript as I also need this to send a photo to a company pls can some one help!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts