What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaking(good or bad?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anny266

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does jailbreaking ur ipad makes it worthless?I've been hearing that jailbreaking is not good or it brings a lot of problems later...but i dont have any other options ...guys plz suggest me something...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You might want to look in our jail breaking forums. I'm sure those folks will give you whatever info you need. And of course, the answer to your question is "it depends". JBing itself is not the problem, but it is not for everyone.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/

Last edited:

dreamerdonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually It depends. Why are you want to jailbreak. You are mentioning trouble. Jail-breaking it self do not cause any trouble. The trouble is occur when you are going to use third party pirated apps. So the conclusion is if you want jailbreak for any other reason rather than using third party pirated soft you are safe. :thumbs:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to be clear - it is never okay to use a jail break to pirate apps (read: steal them). This forum doesn't condone piracy nor do we help those that do.

To know more about jail breaking (in addition to the link to the Hacking sub-forum provided), have a look at this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

You mentioned jail breaking because you "don't have any other options." Can you tell us what is going on with your iPad - or what you want to do - that causes you to think this? it's a bit of a confusing statement and there is no guarantee jail breaking can solve any problem.

Marilyn

OP
Anny266

Anny266

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need a c programming app.....bt its not free in the app store....thats my real problem

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anny266 said:
I need a c programming app.....bt its not free in the app store....thats my real problem

If the app is not free, the only acceptable way of obtaining it is to purchase it.

fuzzychicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As scifan57 says, if you just want one app, then purchase it. Remember, the developer has spent time and money for developing the app. S/He deserves monetary benefit out of it. Apple will slice his cake by 30%, thats another story. I will not jailbreak my iPad just for one app (that I wish it was free).

I jailbroke my iPad yesterday because I have a 4 year old. I work on my iPad and my work is important. There is no guarantee that my toddler won't fire up my apps and will not mess around my work. I need more parental control on my iPad. These offered by Apple is a joke and since I am on iPad 1st Gen, apple won't give me any more updates. Hence, to have more parental control on my iPad, I jailbroke it.
BUT
I am yet to find an app on Cydia that satisfies my needs.

So in short, my for me, it didn't make much difference.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Well, that's your problem in another way, now. Jail breaking an iPad is not, repeat NOT, a way to get apps that are offered for sale (for money) for free. Here at this forum, and in the real world, too, we call getting paid apps for free stealing. In the jail breaking world, stealing apps from developers is called "piracy."

We don't condone piracy here at this forum. Not only is piracy, and any discussion thereof, against this forum's rules, it's theft and thus illegal.

As your real "problem" is that you want us to help you be a thief, we won't help you.

Oh, and a bit of advice (as given to you by other members here): Buy the apps you need; don't steal them.

This thread is closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts