What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iWork vs Documents to Go

shodka8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any thoughts on this?

Which is better and why (ie Documents To Go suite vs Papers, Keynote, Numbers)?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, I thought it would be appropriate.

Cheers!

Reaction score
When I did research wether to buy the iWork suite, or to go with an alternative, I did two things:
First, buy the iWork suite. The programs have by a mile the better user interface, functionality, consistent performance.
Second, I bought Quick Office HD (not Docs to go), more or less just in case, to try it out, and in case I ever needed to export in a MS Office format.

My expectation is, that come OS4.0, there will be printing right out of iWork, and eventually the will also have the export to xls, doc, ppt function. Once that is the case, it will be bye-bye to quickOfice, and only iWork.

Hopefully they will by that time also improve the presentation functionality, with the iPad screen showing the slides as well, and the iPad "desktop" showing through the projector as well. Then, I'll love my iPad even more (and my expensive Toshiba Portege R600 will remain parked in the office a lot.)

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got docs to go because I needed to be able to open xlsx documents from email, make edits and send them back.

Even though Docs to Go can read Office 2007 documents, I have found compatibility problems, particularly with power point. Oh, and you cant send a power point slide show out the VGA adapter for some reason.

Last edited:

Qcksilver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad I found this thread. iWork now IS able to export xls, doc, ppt format right? I'm pretty sure I read that. Also, does is work with Office 2007 products? or not yet?

Most reactions