What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iWork slow

this man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

With my iPad 2, with 32 gig of memory, I've got iOS7.1. Even after updating iWork to the latest version I have problems with apps being slow to close or open. In Pages when I try to go to the next line to type text it freezes for half a minute or so. I've got my iWork files going through iCloud.

Is there a way for me to speed up iWork? Or is it a case that my iPad 2 is too old for the iWork software? Or is it because I've got them syncing through iCloud? Although I didn't used to have this problem when I first started syncing iWork through iCloud.

iWork seems to be the only app I have this problem with. My other apps, including Notability and Paper by FiftyThree don't have this problem at all.

Thanks.

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suspect the com between your iPad and the Apple servers is the problem. Try working within the iPad and sending to the cloud when finished.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello! Nice to see you back after a long time. I have no problems with iCloud syncing of iWorks documents through iCloud on my iPad 3.

You can try force closing the apps and opening again.

FORCE CLOSING APPS : Perform a four finger swipe to reveal the multitasking window. Perform an upward swipe on the app window (not icon) of the app you want to close.

See if this helps, please report back. Good luck!

OP
T

this man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! Nice to see you back after a long time.

Thanks. I really should come back here more often.

I looked at chinajon's suggestion. I tried taking Pages off iCloud. But I then turned iCloud back on for Pages. I noticed 2 things.

1. Pages seems faster now.

2 I've now got nearly an extra 2 gig of free space in my iCloud account but my Pages documents are all still there when I log into iCloud. I didn't delete any documents on my iPad nor on my iPhone.

I also turned off bluetooth in my iPad as I currently don't have a Mac. Plus I tried turning off a couple of settings for Facebook as per this news article:

Having battery woes with your Apple iPhone? Blame Facebook | News.com.au

I'll keep an eye on it and I'll report back with what I see, including the rest of iWork (Numbers seems faster as well).

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts