What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITunes Sync Problem

ptbrown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just started with new IPad. Updated ITunes version of Win XP machine - Itunes can see the IPad - but shortly after 'Sync in Progress' shows on IPad - ITunes displays MessageBox with 'Itunes could copy xxxx to Ipad because an unknown error occurred [-20] - after Ok another MessageBox with 'the Ipad cannot be synced - an error occured while writing to the device.

Any ideas what might be wrong ?

Thanks

OP
P

ptbrown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CA Internest Suite is Problem

After a number of calls to some wonderful support at Apple - have narrowed down to the 'Personal Firewall' in CA Internet Suite I use. Workaround is to uninstall Firewall before Itunes/IPad sync

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
One of many reasons I do not use "firewalls" and virus"protection".... Besides slowing a computer down, they cause untold problems/conflicts on a system.

Tech-Challenged

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have several voice memos (5) that are saved in my itunes. They play fine on my mac. But when I sync them on my ipad and ipod, the titles are there, but the content is missing. . . . in one case the device (both ipad and ipod) just skips to the next item in the library, on a second voice memo, it is playing the wrong memo . . . I have deleted the voice memos from itunes and re-copied them over from itunes library . . . but the problem persists.

Can anyone help? I just don't get the pointer system itunes uses.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have several voice memos (5) that are saved in my itunes. They play fine on my mac. But when I sync them on my ipad and ipod, the titles are there, but the content is missing. . . . in one case the device (both ipad and ipod) just skips to the next item in the library, on a second voice memo, it is playing the wrong memo . . . I have deleted the voice memos from itunes and re-copied them over from itunes library . . . but the problem persists.

Can anyone help? I just don't get the pointer system itunes uses.

grab vlc and sync them to there....it should be able to play just about any format. And its free.

Most reactions

Latest posts