What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes file sharing problem with iPad

foothillfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a number of apps that support file sharing on iTunes. One is FileManager which has many documents I have created. When I connect the iPad to my computer and open iTunes I can click on FileManager and see a list of the documents I have created. However, iTunes says that "File Sharing is off". It was on the last time I transferred docs between my iPad and computer. I don't know how it got turned off andI cannot find any information on how to turn it back on. Has anyone else had this problem with File Sharing and were you able to resolve it? Thanks.

OP
foothillfanatic

foothillfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I unplugged my iPad from my computer, and when I reconnected it, the "File Sharing is off" message had disappeared and I was able to transfer files from my apps to my computer. Still don't understand why File Sharing was off and why unplugging the iPad resolved it.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting back that your issue is now resolved.

Can't tell you why this happens but perhaps the connection was interrupted the first time when you linked your iPad to your PC. Sometimes a connection can be lost over time and its always a good idea to renew it. ;)

OP
foothillfanatic

foothillfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to know, thanx. I should have learned by now that when you have a problem, unplug and start over!

Most reactions