What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes crashes when it tries to sync with my new iPad!

zr900joe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just updated my MacBook Pro to Lion. I also updated to the later iTunes. I hadn't tried to sync my new iPad before these were upgraded/installed. When I first plugged the iPad in, it started asking me the questions about how I'd like it to sync. I chose to automatically sync and I also checked the radio button to sync photos. When it started to sync, iTunes crashed and asked me if I'd like to reopen or report. When I reopen and watch the status window on top of iTunes, it gets to step 7 which is synching photos and crashes immediately. I'm assuming it has something to do with the photo syncing. I'd be happy to shut that off but I can't change the setting as it doesn't stay open long enough. When I plug the iPad in, my computer opens iPhoto and shows the one photo I've got on there which I pulled from dropbox as a test.

Any ideas? If I need to roll back iTunes versions or something like that, how is that done?

Thanks

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you choose the complete iPhoto Library to Sync with your iPad or separate Folders?
There should be an iPod Photo Cache Folder next to your Images Folder or within iPoto (right Click Show Content).
Delete it. iTunes will rebuild it when you Start iTunes.

Hope it helps.

OP
Z

zr900joe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the help but that didn't do it. Definitely more than I knew to try. I synched it with another computer and then tried to re-sync it with mine. As soon as it sees the iPad, iTunes crashes.... Any other suggestions folks?

Most reactions