What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a bug in IPAD 4?

Perenista

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folks, I think I have discovered a bug in Ipad 4. At first I thought this was something specific from Ibooks, but moments ago I noticed in Safari browser too. I don't see very often but it's there.

It happens this way: in the middle of what you're doing, Ipad sends you to the desktop/main screen. You know that button which resembles a circle and that every Ipad have? It's like you pressed that button, but you did not in fact.

In the Ibooks case, I have several GB from many ebooks and when I browse through all of them from bottom to top, this bug usually happens. Kinda like it's tired from going bottom to top with your finger going too fast.

Did you know if this is a bug or not? I can tell you it's not very frequent but still, annoying.

I use the 64GB model wi-fi only. OS with latest version.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That sounds like an app crash. The app disappears and you end up back at the desktop. Sadly, apps do crash from time to time. You might trying powering down your iPad. And also removing all apps from memory.

OP
P

Perenista

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That sounds like an app crash. The app disappears and you end up back at the desktop. Sadly, apps do crash from time to time. You might trying powering down your iPad. And also removing all apps from memory.
If this is a crash then it really explains everything. I was thinking this was isolated. And in my case I had this Ipad almost full.

To prevent this from happening with Ibooks I would have to go UP faster. Is there a way to do that without browsing all stored files with your finger? If you have 10 ebooks you can do this quickly, but over 1000 it's not easy. I need to go up to type in the search box to browse books by title.

However when I start reading a book in a letter like M or Z it takes some time to reach the beginning of the ebooks list where the search box is located.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If this is a crash then it really explains everything. I was thinking this was isolated. And in my case I had this Ipad almost full.

To prevent this from happening with Ibooks I would have to go UP faster. Is there a way to do that without browsing all stored files with your finger? If you have 10 ebooks you can do this quickly, but over 1000 it's not easy. I need to go up to type in the search box to browse books by title.

However when I start reading a book in a letter like M or Z it takes some time to reach the beginning of the ebooks list where the search box is located.

When you are deep in the book list, in the iBooks app, try tapping the stats bar (I usually tap the clock). In most of Apple's apps (and a lot of 3d party, aftermarket apps, too), this tapping will make the view go all the way back to the top.

Maybe it'll work in iBooks? I'd check, but I don't have enough iBooks loaded (they don't fill up my screen)... :)

Marilyn

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you are deep in the book list, in the iBooks app, try tapping the stats bar (I usually tap the clock). In most of Apple's apps (and a lot of 3d party, aftermarket apps, too), this tapping will make the view go all the way back to the top.

Maybe it'll work in iBooks? I'd check, but I don't have enough iBooks loaded (they don't fill up my screen)... :)

Marilyn

Yes, it works in iBooks, Kindle and when you are deep into a website in Safari, and you want to go back to the top. Press the time clock, and you are there!

Last edited:

vadimkolchev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Strange, I never had such issue with my ipad 4. I think that probably you have too many apps running in memory.

Most reactions

Latest posts