What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a player app to watch USA network shows on the iPad2?

Cindy62707

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for an app that will play USA network shows like the ABC player app plays ABC shows. I found one that calls itself on the App Store but there are hundreds of complaints that it does not play the tv shows. Not sure what it is for but I am looking for one that plays the USA television shows on my iPad2 like the ABC player app plays ABC shows.
Thank you,
Cindy

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am looking for an app that will play USA network shows like the ABC player app plays ABC shows. I found one that calls itself on the App Store but there are hundreds of complaints that it does not play the tv shows. Not sure what it is for but I am looking for one that plays the USA television shows on my iPad2 like the ABC player app plays ABC shows.
Thank you,
Cindy

None. Best bet may be hulu or hulu plus.

Chiefmac64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had same problem as we recently discovered 2 shows on USA Network we enjoy viewing; White Collar and Burn Notice. Looked at Hulu+ and Netflix. Both are $7.99 per month but Netflix offered tons more content and a free 30 day trial. Hulu+ offered a 7 day trial and their site and app were very difficult to navigate.

We went with Netflix and are very happy. Works well on iPad and Google Play TV box. All past season episodes are available for viewing. Current seasons episodes are not but become available once the new season starts on USA. Netflix has a really handy feature that keeps your place in the episodes book marked and in the show itsel if you depart before he showing is complete. Hope this helps.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Chiefmac64 said:
Had same problem as we recently discovered 2 shows on USA Network we enjoy viewing; White Collar and Burn Notice. Looked at Hulu+ and Netflix. Both are $7.99 per month but Netflix offered tons more content and a free 30 day trial. Hulu+ offered a 7 day trial and their site and app were very difficult to navigate.

We went with Netflix and are very happy. Works well on iPad and Google Play TV box. All past season episodes are available for viewing. Current seasons episodes are not but become available once the new season starts on USA. Netflix has a really handy feature that keeps your place in the episodes book marked and in the show itsel if you depart before he showing is complete. Hope this helps.

It's interesting to see an opinion different from mine. I found Netflix very behind the times with content and Hulu much fuller. I also like White Collar and Burn Notice. Been watching both since season 1.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's interesting to see an opinion different from mine. I found Netflix very behind the times with content and Hulu much fuller. I also like White Collar and Burn Notice. Been watching both since season 1.

I tried Hulu and had a hard time finding anything I wanted, so I watched a Korean movie and canceled my account. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime, and stream on the BBC iPlayer and iTV apps via VPN. I find those much more compelling. I think it's a matter of taste.

Most recently, I watched House of Cards, which Netflix created. Smart writing, good characters.

I also tried the Redbox streaming app, which is in beta, but didn't see anything I didn't already have through Netflix or Amazon, so I've canceled my account for that.

OP
C

Cindy62707

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I appreciate all the comments. I've tried Hulu on the iPad before but they say they don't have the approval to stream on mobile devices. I use Hulu on the computer many times but even they don't have the most recent show listed (plus your tied to you computer just to watch the show). I am not looking for frequent use enough to pay a monthly fee, just looking for something I can catch the most recent show when my DVD recorder messes up (likes misses the last couple of minutes or fails to record the show at all) and not be tied to the computer to watch it. The USA network app at the App Store apparently is junk with everyone saying you can't watch a show on it. Apparently it is just a social media type interaction.

I love how ABC will post the lastest show online the next day and make it available on mobile devices too. I wished all networks would do that. It would keep fans from being confused when they miss a show and the show is a continuing story with a great story line. CBS is bad about that too...like Hawaii 5-0 and Goodwife. If you miss a show you have to wait 3 or 4 weeks to see it. In the meantime, the show goes on with their story line and you can't watch them weekly (in the order you need to, to keep current with the story line).

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I appreciate all the comments. I've tried Hulu on the iPad before but they say they don't have the approval to stream on mobile devices. I use Hulu on the computer many times but even they don't have the most recent show listed (plus your tied to you computer just to watch the show). I am not looking for frequent use enough to pay a monthly fee, just looking for something I can catch the most recent show when my DVD recorder messes up (likes misses the last couple of minutes or fails to record the show at all) and not be tied to the computer to watch it. The USA network app at the App Store apparently is junk with everyone saying you can't watch a show on it. Apparently it is just a social media type interaction.

I love how ABC will post the lastest show online the next day and make it available on mobile devices too. I wished all networks would do that. It would keep fans from being confused when they miss a show and the show is a continuing story with a great story line. CBS is bad about that too...like Hawaii 5-0 and Goodwife. If you miss a show you have to wait 3 or 4 weeks to see it. In the meantime, the show goes on with their story line and you can't watch them weekly (in the order you need to, to keep current with the story line).

All networks won't do what you like on ABC, at least not for free. They're different business models. USA Network is a cable network -- they primarily make money by selling content to cable services, which resell the shows. If people could easily watch their content for free online, they'd take away incentive for anyone to pay.

I don't know when you tried Hulu, but it definitely streams on mobile devices. The app is available on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hulu-plus/id376510438?mt=8

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts