What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to stream 3g from iphone to ipad

Dopaminergique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Is it possible to stream 3g internet from an iphone 4 with a 3g connexion, or via a macbook laptop, to the ipad? I already tried doing so by connection my iphone to my ipad with a usb port, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Is it even possible? Thanks in advance,

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use MyWi on my iPhone 4 to do just that: turns my iPhone 4 into a WiFi hotspot, sharing its 3G connection with my iPad or laptop. It's a $20 app and it won't incur any additional fees from your cell provider. But you need to be jailbroken to install it--Cydia app.

You can do it from the Macbook if it is connected to 3G via sharing on WiFi. Or if the Macbook is connected to the Net via Ethernet you can share that connection via WiFi. But the iPhone 4 solution is much more portable.

Finally the iPhone 4 will be getting a hotspot feature natively in iOS 4.3, coming next week. But your carrier will need to support it and there will no doubt be an exta fee to do so (likely around $20 per month, versus the one-time $20 cost of MyWi).

Michael

Most reactions