What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to connect printer to my IPad 2 when I don't have a home computer?

Mrsclean1237

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not at all computer literate and would appreciate some help.I have an IPad 2 and have recently started listing
on eBay.I would like to be able to use my IPad 2 to print postage so I can lessen my shipping charges.We don't have a home computer, just my IPad.We have a Lexmark and an HP printer.Would either of these work with my IPad?Thank you in advance for your help...and please remember my limited computer knowledge in answering.Thanks again!

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Mrsclean1237 said:
I am not at all computer literate and would appreciate some help.I have an IPad 2 and have recently started listing
on eBay.I would like to be able to use my IPad 2 to print postage so I can lessen my shipping charges.We don't have a home computer, just my IPad.We have a Lexmark and an HP printer.Would either of these work with my IPad?Thank you in advance for your help...and please remember my limited computer knowledge in answering.Thanks again!

If they do have airprint it might work, but I guess they don't. In that case it will not work without a computer.

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

magpiemini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Time Capsule as my wireless router and network drive. My HP Office Jet 6000 is connected to it via a network cable. This printer came out just before the AirPrint 6500 model. I print most of the time with PrintShare Pro from my iPad. I figure I will upgrade my printer when most of the apps I use can use AirPrint, right now only a couple do.

If you are going to buy a new printer, make sure it supports AirPrint.

Most reactions

Latest posts