What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple Planning to Ditch the Home Button on Forthcoming iPads and iPhones?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm sure apple have a load of samples without buttons that they are trying in house.
I personally like the idea of a non mechanical home button, but thats with the current iOS. Perhaps a future update may have interface changes making it no longer relevant.
Time will tell.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DaveSt said:
I'm not worried about wearing mine out either, that's not really what I was talking about. Any small mechanical device like the home button is a means of failure on the device. I imagine the average MTBF for that button is millions of clicks. Still, there are going to be those unlucky enough to have it fail after 100,000 (or 100) clicks also. It is smart design to remove as many potential modes of failure as possible, and I would have to think that cheap little button is close to #1 on the iPad.

I'd say number two. Number one is the port socket... That has to be changed.

Most reactions