What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPadOS/iOS 13.2 battery usage

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are lots of reports of terrible battery life on certain iPhone models after each iOS 13 update, with 13.2 being even worse than the other four releases of the past two weeks. Some users are seeing half the charge disappearing overnight, even in airplane mode with no apps running. This isn't just an inconvenience, it's the path toward premature and expensive battery replacement.

What are you early adopters seeing on iPad, particularly iPad Pro 9.7?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve had an iPad Pro running every version of iPadOS 13 from the first beta release to today and haven’t experienced any abnormal battery drain.

OP
LannyC

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I updated my iPad Pro 1 to iPadOS 13.2. It took a long time, but went smoothly with no real surprises. Naturally, I had to re-disable Game Center and Bluetooth, as with every OS update, but ijt didn't mess with other settings. One question: in Photos, is Recents the same as the now-missing Camera Roll? The user guide offers no clue.

I'll give it a day or two to reindex everything before assessing battery usage.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I updated my iPad Pro 1 to iPadOS 13.2. It took a long time, but went smoothly with no real surprises. Naturally, I had to re-disable Game Center and Bluetooth, as with every OS update, but ijt didn't mess with other settings. One question: in Photos, is Recents the same as the now-missing Camera Roll? The user guide offers no clue.

I'll give it a day or two to reindex everything before assessing battery usage.
Recents shows every photo on my device, so it does appear to be the equivalent of the old Camera Roll.

OP
LannyC

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mail in 13.2 is annoying. It no longer remembers which mailbox was last in view, defaulting to Inbox on each access from the background, though also displaying the last message viewed regardless of which mailbox is selected. And of course, the menu fairy had to reshuffle the share menu, hiding it behind an undo icon. What drives Apple to "fix" things that aren't broken? Have they never heard of muscle memory?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Recents shows every photo on my device, so it does appear to be the equivalent of the old Camera Roll.

It only shows photos back to April 2007 on my iPad. I have photos going back to 1997. There is either a time or number-of limit on the Recent album.

To see all photos, go to the Photos tab (left bottom) and choose All Photos (top center/right). Switch between a Square (uniform preview) and Aspect (whole thumbnail) view at the top right.

032A526C-1A5F-45A7-AA44-36795C609C17.jpeg

OP
LannyC

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's hardly the same thing as the old Camera Roll, as All Photos also includes hundreds of images in folders synched from my iMac.

Most reactions

Latest posts