What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad3 & iphone 3gs dont detect each other over bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

engali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dears

I tried to pair my iPhone 3GS OS 5.0.1 with my friend's iPad3 and it succeeded, today I bought iPad3 wifi only and tried to pair it with my iPhone but they didn't detect each other, both Bluetooth of devices are working fine since both are detecting my laptop. Have anyone faced this issue :(
Kindly advice

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say paired what are you trying to send? Have you tried the bump app?

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They don't detect each other because apple doesn't want them too. It bugs the crap out me that I can detect my iPhone 4s with my iPad but can't send photos or anything to it. Instead I have to pay for an app or buy the camera kit. Phones 10 years ago could transfer data over bluetooth.

Sent from my iPad 3

OP
E

engali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't try to send anything, simply the Bluetooth of each device displayed the other one in: general > Bluetooth > devices
All what was testing is iPad can access Internet using my iPhone 3G over Bluetooth, and that's why I bought the iPad wifi only and not 3G

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I think you can do it but it involves jailbreaking your devices. All is not lost though you can use another device which can use a 3G sim so you can access 3G from both devices. I will post again the name of it in a minute check out the picture.

Attachments

• image-2623687781.jpg
    image-2623687781.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 768

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 4s and iPad see each other over Bluetooth but don't connect. As I said, I don't think there is any reason for them to have to connect. If I want to tether my iphone to my iPad I go to settings personal hotspot and it sets up a mini wifi network. Not sure of you get that in the 3GS.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops sorry my mistake I posted the wrong pic, I must have deleted the one I was looking for but it was similar looking, this one is actually an IR remote.
I have seen many variants of a standalone 3G hub which allows you to connect to it like its wifi, but I can't find it right now, can't remember the name of it.

I have however found this solution :

MyWi Mobile Hotspot App
The MyWi Mobile Hotspot app is the first and recommended solution. All you will need is this app which can be downloaded for $9.99 and a 3G enabled phone with a data plan. Once you have downloaded the app onto your 3G phone, in our case an iPhone, you will need to tether it to your iPad and you're all set! You now can get access to the internet using your iPhone's 3G connection and data plan.

In principal, this will work with just about every other 3G phone that you can install the MyWi Mobile Hotspot to. But be warned, you're going to eat up quite a bit of bandwidth and also the batteries on your iPhone so it is best to have an unlimited data plan and keep your iPhone on the charging dock when surfing the web via your iPad Wi-Fi.

Good luck and a quick google might help you find more.

OP
E

engali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andyvalver said:
My 4s and iPad see each other over Bluetooth but don't connect. As I said, I don't think there is any reason for them to have to connect. If I want to tether my iphone to my iPad I go to settings personal hotspot and it sets up a mini wifi network. Not sure of you get that in the 3GS.

3GS doesn't have hotspot, but as I said,I tested it with Bluetooth and it was perfect, the same iPad I bought with one difference 32 gb instead of 16, everything else is same
I really wonder why it's not working with me !!

OP
E

engali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
therealriley said:
Oops sorry my mistake I posted the wrong pic, I must have deleted the one I was looking for but it was similar looking, this one is actually an IR remote.
I have seen many variants of a standalone 3G hub which allows you to connect to it like its wifi, but I can't find it right now, can't remember the name of it.

I have however found this solution :

MyWi Mobile Hotspot App
The MyWi Mobile Hotspot app is the first and recommended solution. All you will need is this app which can be downloaded for $9.99 and a 3G enabled phone with a data plan. Once you have downloaded the app onto your 3G phone, in our case an iPhone, you will need to tether it to your iPad and you're all set! You now can get access to the internet using your iPhone's 3G connection and data plan.

In principal, this will work with just about every other 3G phone that you can install the MyWi Mobile Hotspot to. But be warned, you're going to eat up quite a bit of bandwidth and also the batteries on your iPhone so it is best to have an unlimited data plan and keep your iPhone on the charging dock when surfing the web via your iPad Wi-Fi.

Good luck and a quick google might help you find more.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion I'll try the second option (mywi)
I did ask google for the same but no luck on that

Thanks again for you both, and I'll let you know if I get a solution

Ipadtipstricks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ipodtips-tricks.blogspot.com
This are apple ios devices. It has restriction on bluetooth and wifi. Unlike in android phone you can connect each other over bluetooth or wifi and share file music video etc.
But in ipad iphone you can connect via bluetooth to other sound device like headphone , speaker etc and not to other android or ios device.
You can jailbreak ipad or iphone to connect with other device or there are many app available which can allow you to connect over blue tooth.
This is mainly to stop shareing songs mp3 over bluetooth on apple devices,

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
After more than five years, this member certainly has found a solution. Also, a lot has changed since then. So help won't be necessary any more.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts