What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 photos backup

kinellv8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
First post and new to ipad and apple.
My problem is this:
I am travelling throughout Asia with my ipad2 and using it to store photos. Recently my camera started playing up and the photos stored on the ipad are the only backup i have. I want to back them up.
I have the camera kit so can connect USB and SD, however I was looking to use an online backup service like Carbonite or Sugarsynch. I've found out that they can only back up one photo at a time if at all.

How else can i back up the photos currently on my ipad? Any help would be very gratefully received as I feel I have exhausted options without a solution.

As additional information, i do have remote access through Teamviewer, to my laptop back in the US. I've tried to remote to thea laptop, thean remote back to the ipad in order to pull picture files off but couldn't seem to get it to work....thought it was a longshot anyway.

So, how do youbackup photos without a computer to synch with?
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Kinell

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome,

The only way I can think of, is to open a Flickr photo account and upload them to Flickr. Then later you can download them to your PC. You might be able to do download them to your PC remotely through Teamviewer. There are other such sites, can't think of their names right now.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Photobucket account, with the Photobucket app, on my iPad. Both are free.

In the app, on the iPad, you can log into your Photobucket account. Then, you can go to "My Albums." There is an arrow [UP] icon. Pressing it opens options to choose upload source, at which point you can select your Photo Library.

Once in the photo library, just tap the photo(s) you wish to load and off they go! It's pretty fast (but I'm on my home WiFi...). I just got finished tapping 15 photos and they finished uploading to Photobucket's web site before I finished typing this post.

Yeah, you have to tap each one, but still..

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts