What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad1 email issues

mandm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used the icon on the bottom of my home screen without difficulty. Two days ago it froze, I re-did the account, re-booted, and it's still frozen. It will sync to show me there is new mail however no buttons are working. I can access the account through google however I am spoiled with the icon. Any idea?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used the icon on the bottom of my home screen without difficulty. Two days ago it froze, I re-did the account, re-booted, and it's still frozen. It will sync to show me there is new mail however no buttons are working. I can access the account through google however I am spoiled with the icon. Any idea?

When you say you rebooted, do you mean you completely powered the iPad down by pressing and holding the Power button until the slider control appears and then accepted the offer to completely switch off?

Tim

schmidtj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try just killing the app.
Go to any app except email.
Tap the home key twice to bring up the task list at the bottom.
Find the email task and select and hold until a 'x' appears.
Tap the 'x' to kill the email task.
Press the home key to exit the task list.
Try the email app again by selecting it as usual.

OP
M

mandm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
schmidtj said:
Try just killing the app.
Go to any app except email.
Tap the home key twice to bring up the task list at the bottom.
Find the email task and select and hold until a 'x' appears.
Tap the 'x' to kill the email task.
Press the home key to exit the task list.
Try the email app again by selecting it as usual.

Where is the home key in the apps? I know how to delete the app., holding down the app and hitting the X.

OP
M

mandm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mandm said:
Where is the home key in the apps? I know how to delete the app., holding down the app and hitting the X.

Figured it out:) home key and all and thank you very much it worked....

Most reactions