What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad vs iPhone

shannanoell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not actually own my own iPad YET but I have checked them out quite a bit at the Mac stores. I do, however, own an iPhone and I wonder everyday what I would do without it. In your opinion, what makes an iPad so much better that I would need it, a macbook, and an iPhone? Are there that many benefits?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although I've not been an Apple guy for many years (did have one of the original Macs, though) I have a laptop and a Nokia Smartphone. Like the iPhone, the Nokia smartphone can perform most tasks - read, edit, originate MS Office documents, web browsing, email and so on. So, before I got my iPad, I was asking myself the same questions. From my perspective, though, it's the iPad's larger screen that is the real reason I bought one. Sure, I can do almost anything on my Nokia, but it's difficult to edit or display a Word document or PowerPoint presentation on such a small screen.

I have a very small Vaio P laptop but, again, the screen is too small. So - for me - it was the screen size and the great battery life.

But it may well be that if you don't need to edit Office documents and don't need to web surf too much then the iPhone would be more than adequate.

I'll be interested to see what other members think. I'm sort of considering going the other way - i.e. replacing my Nokia N95 with an iPhone...

Tim
Scotland

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Portablity. I personally leave mine on the couch a lot. Gerat for checking up on facebook, reading the news, emails, ect.

It's the cross between you want something bigger to type on than a phone, but something instant on/off and super light compared to a laptop...

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had the iPhone since it came out, I think they are the greatest phone ever! I currently use the iPhone4. I love this phone, but unfortunately since I got the iPad I use the iphone mostly as a phone!! A lot of the time when I am waiting (like at a restaurant) I will get it out and play a game or check email, but mostly I just use it as a phone - but I still love it and I am an AT&T customer. It's just so much easier to do stuff (except talk) on the iPad. I would NEVER give up my iPhone4!

Chiky

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me, the biggest advantage of an iPad is its mobility: it has a screen big enough to make surfing and emailing a great experience, while being light and easy enough to carry around (like a hardcover book.)

That, coupled with an amazingly long battery life and straightforward touchscreen interface, allows me to do 90% of my everyday computing tasks on it. With the iPad it really is very much a case of "I didn't realize doing computer stuff could be so easy until it came along."

Most reactions

Latest posts