What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad to read Sheet Music at performances?

FPinto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I am Francisco from Portugal. I am new to this forum. I am a professional guitarist planning to buy the Ipad to carry it to gigs for reading sheet music (the songs I play) on the screen. I was thinking about the tablet HP - tm2t, but I've read that it's impossible to read it when we are playing outdoors during the day with sunlight presence. This is a type of work I do frequently - playing outside for welcome drinks. So, I start thinking about the Ipad. Can somebody help me about this problem? How is the Ipad screen? Can we read music notes in it during the day outside home in the screen? The software I will use is "MusicReader". I will thank you for this important help. All the Best! Francisco

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Francisco, sounds pretty cool! Are you doing a lot of classical guitar? I am a wanna be guitar rock star. I keep an electric and an acoustic right next to my desk(big David Gilmour fan). Sitting outside, having drinks, listening to music is a nice way to pass the time. You have a web site? If so PM the link to me.

OP
F

FPinto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I don´t play classical guitar. I play tops, standards, brasilian, latin, etc etc. I have a site of my Group Trianima.
In the site there is a special reference to a duet with me and a saxophone player. It´s the work we do playing for welcome drinks. That's where I want to use the IPAD for reading sheet music using the software MusicReader. I need some help to decide if I'll buy the Ipad. The question is: Can we read the Ipad screen outdoors in a sunshine day? This is my big question now. I would like to hear people that have been using the Ipad outdoors with sunshine presence. The Ipad screen can be read clearly in this situation? Thanks. Francisco

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly as glorious as the iPad screen is it's pretty much unreadable in sunlight.

Maybe if you put a glare resistant screen on it it would be possible...but as it is its really hard enough to read under fluorescent lights.

OP
F

FPinto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPAD Screen

Thanks for the help about the IPAD screen.
I've appreciated and it will be very helpful.
Francisco

Most reactions

Latest posts