What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad for music score reading

samcheri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am 75 years old but rather tech savvy; i want to get an ipad; my main use for it will be as a music score reader; mostly single fake sheets, some with 2 or 3 pages, all in pdf format; i have a feeling the ipad screen is too small to be a good score reader; actual screen size (as I calculated it is 7.76 inches x 5.82 inches, 66% of length and 70% of width of an a4 sheet), the usual size for music scores; i know screen clairty and resolution are important; any info from persons who have actually used an ipad in real life for a music performance or daily music practice will be highly appreciated; any other (unbiased) advice re: this is most welcome
thank you

fairythere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded "Perform" from the App Store and it does have a function to scroll music pdf documents. There are several other programs available that scroll pdf music as well, do a search in the App Store.

I hope others chime in here with other music apps, I am always interested in trying new ones!

Most reactions

Latest posts