What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad to iPad PICTURE TRANSFER PROBLEM!

marioalbi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My problem concerns picture transfer quality (sharpness) when transferring my pictures (over 4,000) from my old iPad 2
to my new iPad Air. Seems that, whenever I attempt to transfer my pictures using "Photo Transfer App" at high resolution over wifi, my pictures are pixilated and out of focus (not sharp at all-pictures were taken with Nikon D600 and are raw files). The pictures that I'm trying to transfer from my iPad 2 are sharp as a tack Can anyone help me? Tried transferring pics from my old iPad to my iPhone 5, and had the same problem (pictures were not sharp!).
Thanks for any suggestions,
marioalbi

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Marioalbi - welcome to the forum! :) I'm not sure that I can provide a satisfactory answer to your problem, but just a few comments to start the conversation.

First, I hope that you did not rely on the iPad as your ultimate storage device for these 4K photos, i.e. do you have the images stored elsewhere? You might need to retrieve them where their original resolution as RAW files is in truth maintained. Second, please describe in better detail what 'Photo Transfer' app you are using and what the options may be?

My feeling (and I own an iPad 2) is that your stored images on the iPad are not really in the RAW format (this has been an issue w/ the device), i.e. are your images really in the multi-MB size that would be expected w/ the RAW format? I suspect that the photos are stored on the iPad 2 at a lesser resolution and in the attempted transfer are being sent at even a lower resolution - NOW, these are just my immediate thoughts and I'll glad to be corrected.

I'll just stop there for you to respond to some of my questions; again, I hope that you have the original images stored elsewhere? Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts