What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad sync with iTunes quesrion

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope all is well for you

I decided to add all my whole mp3 collection to my iTunes library since it got crazy with un tagged files etc, so I started with a fresh iTunes library on the same machine I authorized the one I previously synced my iPad with., so the only things I expect to stay the same is my movies, iPhoto collection but while I assumed the apps on the iPad will sync back, but when I selected app sync almost all my apps disappeared and so I decided now to ask around how to avoid this since it's a pain to track hundreds of app back down.

Is there a way to preserve what's on the iPad and avoid over writing files or do I have to sync what's on the computer rather then what's on the iPad ?

Thanks
P.S. Sorry about the typo in the topic title
Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you double click on the itunes icon and then press and hold the shift key a dislog opens up allowing you to create a new itunes library or to choose an existing one.

I have four libraries set up on my Windows 7 computer - one for my ipad and the others for different iPods. This keeps everything separate and also allows you to experiment if you want to.

One ipod lives in the car (160GB Classic) and has my wife and kids music on it. The alternative is to use the Sync only selected but it is much easier to use separate libraries.

OP
SkyStudio

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
miket5au said:
If you double click on the itunes icon and then press and hold the shift key a dislog opens up allowing you to create a new itunes library or to choose an existing one.

I have four libraries set up on my Windows 7 computer - one for my ipad and the others for different iPods. This keeps everything separate and also allows you to experiment if you want to.

One ipod lives in the car (160GB Classic) and has my wife and kids music on it. The alternative is to use the Sync only selected but it is much easier to use separate libraries.
thanks for the response, I wonder if this is the same for macs, the right click access to package of app trick.

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

bwhicher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help

I just tried this just to see and created a new library for soon to have iPad.

When I open now nothing is there that use to be like all apps, songs on computer, playlists, nothing?

I found it. I had apparently moved the itunes from default location to my music.
Bob

How do I get back for my iTouch?

Last edited:

Most reactions