What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD stuck on apple screen after i restarted my ipad :(((

hasaanqadir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello there every one i am just a new member and is my first post. i am having problem with ipad 1. Its original IOS is 4.2.1 . Its jail broken with grenpois0n. yesterday i installed some source from cydia (sinful iphone repo) and secondly i tried to install the voice command thing so for that i did this through ifile ,

i Navigated to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

ten Opened K48AP.plist in a text editor or a plist editor Under the capabilities area add the following key:
<key>voice-control</key>
<true/>

then it asked me to restart and when i did its stuck at the main apple logo and a wheel spins but doesn't go far :( i am so frustrated on this.

Secondly when i connect it to computer it shows up as normal as i could access all songs, apps in i tunes in it and i pad logo in my computer as well where i can see al my pics problem is its stuck at apple logo. I tried to restore it by downloading IOS4.2.1 from flexiburns website. when i try to restore it , it doesnt as unexpected error 3194 or some thing in itunes???

:( i am soo freaked out plz help me out in this plz plz plz

plz experts out there help me out plz.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it backed up recently then put it into DFU mode. Here are some instructions from OSXDaily:

DFU stands for Device Firmware Update, entering DFU Mode is how you adjust the firmware on your iPad or other iOS device. Getting into DFU mode on an iPad is the same process as entering into iPhone DFU mode (or iPod touch for that matter). It&rsquo;s pretty easy, just follow the instructions below.

Enter iPad DFU Mode
Here&rsquo;s what you&rsquo;ll need to do:

Plug the iPad into your computer
Launch iTunes
Hold down the Power button and the Home button at the same time
Keep holding both of these buttons for 10 seconds
After 10 seconds pass, release the Power button but continue to hold the Home button for another 3-5 seconds
When in DFU mode, your iPad screen will stay completely black. If you see an Apple logo or otherwise you did not enter DFU mode
iTunes will notify you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ooops forgot to welcome you. So here goes, welcome to the iPad forums and hope you'll enjoy your iPad after a safe jailbreak!

Most reactions