What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad shows a picture of usb and itunes

juzrm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi peeps,

I'm a virgin to apple products but got myself an iPad yesterday. Am having problems accessing my iPad, All i see is a picture of a USB and iTunes on my iPad screen. When trying to connect to my iTunes 9.2, it says:

"iTunes cannot connect to the iPad because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter the passcode on the iPad before it can be used with iTunes.

Thing is...the passcode "window" is no where to be seen on my iPad. All i see is the USB and itunes picture.

please help???

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
If you got it at an Apple store, return with it in hand and have them take care of the problem. If you got it on line from somewhere, same answer assuming a legal acquisition. If you got it from someone, ask them what the passcode they used is. You may have to restore the s/w. Try starting it up without the connection to iTunes and see if you get a keypad looking window.
If not, get your money back from your source or back to the store.

OP
J

juzrm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi mslammers.

I got it from an authorised Mac store. It was working fine the night before. Only having the problem the morning after.

the iPad is brand new, Im the 1st owner who set the passcode.

Plus, I did try starting it up without the connection to iTunes and still didn't see a keypad looking window. Just that USB and itunes picture.

This is sad :(

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I hope you are not too far from the Mac store!!:) Better to get it fixed now rather than fiddle with it for a long time. If you call Apple Care, they may have a way to Restore. I had a somewhat similar problem and they had a way to "bypass" stuff and do a Restore. They said the instructions were also in the iPad User Guide.
Here is a tip to try: Press and hold the Home and also Sleep/Wake buttons at the same time. Ignore the Slide to Power Off [if it shows up] and the iPad should shut down. Wait 10 seconds and restart your iPad.
If that fails, go to www.support.apple.com/kb/HT1414 [at least that is what the iPad User Guide says to do].

Good luck

Poseyanne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Old question but a new answer.

Found this while troubleshooting my new ipad2. You can find the answer in the on-line manual. But the long and short of it.....use the USB to connect to your computer and download itunes (if you haven't already). It took me to registering my ipad2. Once I did that....I got the normal screen....cool!:thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts