What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Screen Problem

ipadforumshelp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question from impm990, from the iPadForums.net Helpdesk:
Hi. My screen seems not to be working down one entire side, about 3cm wide. Does my screen need replacing or my whole ipad? It is coming up 6 years old.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Question from impm990, from the iPadForums.net Helpdesk:
Hi. My screen seems not to be working down one entire side, about 3cm wide. Does my screen need replacing or my whole ipad? It is coming up 6 years old.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Please provide more specific information about your iPad model (if 6 years old, possibly the original iPad or iPad 2, both had the 30-pin dock) and the iOS installed; also, has there been any liquid damage and/or a drop?

If you can upload a picture of the screen, then would be extremely helpful. Finally, try a 'RESET', i.e. hold down both HOME & ON-OFF buttons until the Apple logo appears (may take about 10 secs) - let the iPad reboot - probably will not help, but will do no harm. Let us know. Dave

impm990

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.
Thanks for responding.
I have attached a photo of the ipad. The screen is in tact. It is an ipad 2.
No liquid damage or a drop involved.

Thank you,
Paul

impm990

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Please provide more specific information about your iPad model (if 6 years old, possibly the original iPad or iPad 2, both had the 30-pin dock) and the iOS installed; also, has there been any liquid damage and/or a drop?

If you can upload a picture of the screen, then would be extremely helpful. Finally, try a 'RESET', i.e. hold down both HOME & ON-OFF buttons until the Apple logo appears (may take about 10 secs) - let the iPad reboot - probably will not help, but will do no harm. Let us know. Dave

Hi.
Thanks for responding.
No liquid damage or a drop involved.

Thank you,
Paul

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi.
Thanks for responding.
No liquid damage or a drop involved..........

Hi again Paul - if you are unsure about posting a pic, check this THREAD and Johanna's post #7 - should help. Dave :)

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the screenshot:

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 12.13.11 PM.png

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What are you trying to show us with the picture?

Not being an expert like you l didn't want to say anything!

Well, I agree w/ Brian - not sure if that is the image the OP wanted to show? To me looks like the 'language options' when setting up an iDevice (as below from Apple's Support Article), which raises another question, i.e. is the iPad 2 being upgraded to a more recent iOS version, gone astray? Only our OP can help - Dave :)
Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 7.56.56 PM.png

Last edited:

Most reactions