What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad root directory

dss862

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is there a way to access the root directory of ipad pro 2018?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve moved you post to it’s own thread as it was unrelated to the thread topic.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
is there a way to access the root directory of ipad pro 2018?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) As to your question above, iOS is an 'app-centric' operating system rather than a hierarchical file system like macOS (using Finder) or Windows (using Explorer), so the native iOS is not accessible to analysis that allows you to view files/folders/roots - an option is 'jailbreaking', described briefly below (check link for much more detail; also the 'hacking forum' where your thread was placed has plenty of information on this topic - look at the post listings).

You might want to provide the iOS on your iPad Pro (assume the most recent one, i.e. 12.2) - I've never 'jailbreaked' my iPads (have had a half dozen between wife & myself since 2011), so cannot provide any more information - not sure which recent iOSs are 'breakable' - hopefully others w/ experience will 'chime in' - plus, you may want to tell us your reasons for wanting 'root directory access', i.e. there might be other solutions, just saying? Good luck - Dave

iOS jailbreaking is privilege escalation for the purpose of removing software restrictions imposed by Apple on iOS, tvOS and watchOS. It typically does this by using a series of kernel patches. Jailbreaking permits root access to iOS, allowing the installation of software that is unavailable through the official Apple App Store. Apple publicly disapproves of jailbreaking, stating that it can cause device instability.[1] This has led to Apple implementing hardware and software fixes to the vulnerabilities used in jailbreaks, meaning that many versions of iOS are not jailbroken immediately. (Source)

Most reactions

Latest posts