What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pro Gen 3 - Heard this one before?

Chrispovoas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me join.

Chris here from NZ, I'm a digital artist mostly focusing on cars and bikes... Was looking to buy a Pro but man there expensive!

So I did the usual thing of buying at an auction (I have the paperwork to show its all legit), at a very low cost... Of course there's an activation lock, but I've heard conflicting stories of whether it can be unlocked/bypassed. Some say "Congratulations on your new paper weight", others that the Gen 3 can can be bypassed with software / jail break, so of course im confused As hell!

Happy to provide the paperwork to show im legit, I can also show you some of my digital art if anyone's interested!

Thanks in advance for any help received

Cheers, Chris Phillips

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me join.

Chris here from NZ, I'm a digital artist mostly focusing on cars and bikes... Was looking to buy a Pro but man there expensive!

So I did the usual thing of buying at an auction (I have the paperwork to show its all legit), at a very low cost... Of course there's an activation lock, but I've heard conflicting stories of whether it can be unlocked/bypassed. Some say "Congratulations on your new paper weight", others that the Gen 3 can can be bypassed with software / jail break, so of course im confused As hell!

Happy to provide the paperwork to show im legit, I can also show you some of my digital art if anyone's interested!

Thanks in advance for any help received

Cheers, Chris Phillips
There’s no way to bypass the activation lock on the iPad. The only thing you can do is contact the seller/previous owner who could remove the lock remotely.

Last edited:
OP
C

Chrispovoas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There’s no way to bypass the activation lock on the iPad. The only thing you can do is contact the seller/previous owner who could remove the local remotely.
Thanks for the reply. Looks like I have an expensive paperweight then.

OP
C

Chrispovoas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there something about the 2018 iPad pro that makes it unable to crack? as I see there are options for gen 2 upto 2017.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

There are many scam sites promising to unlock iCloud‘s Activation Lock. That‘s not possible, even on older devices. If memory serves well, that feature was introduced with iOS 7, a few years ago.

Trying to bypass iCloud will result in a damaged iPad.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts