What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pro 5th gen will not turn pages in Forscore Pro.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you need an iPad with Face ID to use this feature. The Face ID sensors can map your face in 3D, which makes facial expressions (and therefore gestures) easier to detect.

OP
W

Worked_the_World

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad has iOS 17.2 that uses face recognition to sign in. Hence my confusion with Forscore.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Up front, I have no idea how to help you with your problem. All I can suggest is going to the developer's website and checking out their knowledge base and user manuals; found rather inconspicuously at the bottom mo the page.

That said: Stuff you probably don't need.

Only the iPad Pro model support Face ID.

Face ID is not just a software feature. It requires extra hardware, which is not part of any of the basic iPad model.

Perhaps you don't have a 5th gen iPad. Actually, I'm pretty sure you don't. According to the support tables, the 5th Gen iPad can not run iPadOS 17. From what you've told me, it's more likely you have the 5th gen iPad Pro

The first link is to Apple's site listing which devices have Face ID.

The second link is to the Wikipedia page comparing all iPad models, OS's supported, and features. A great link to keep handy.

The last link is to Apple site, to help you identify which model you have.

Good luck solving your problem, or finding an alternative solution that will work. I saw something about using Airpods and using head motion to turn pages. Maybe that will work for you.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Up front, I have no idea how to help you with your problem. All I can suggest is going to the developer's website and checking out their knowledge base and user manuals; found rather inconspicuously at the bottom mo the page.

Face ID is not just a software feature. It requires extra hardware, which is not part of any of the basic iPad model.

Perhaps you don't have a 5th gen iPad. Actually, I'm pretty sure you don't. According to the support tables, the 5th Gen iPad can not run iPadOS 17. From what you've told me, it's more likely you have the 5th gen iPad Pro

The second link is to the Wikipedia page comparing all iPad models, OS's supported, and features. A great link to keep handy.

Good luck solving your problem, or finding an alternative solution that will work. I saw something about using Airpods and using head motion to turn pages. Maybe that will work for you.
With respect, the OP does say in the heading they have an iPad Pro 5th Generation.

OP
W

Worked_the_World

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Actually, the local Apple store was the entity that upgraded my just-purchased, refurbished, 5th gen iPad to iPadOS17.1. I upgraded it to 17.2. I will keep working on this problem. I really want the gesture page turn feature.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Actually, the local Apple store was the entity that upgraded my just-purchased, refurbished, 5th gen iPad to iPadOS17.1. I upgraded it to 17.2. I will keep working on this problem. I really want the gesture page turn feature.

Sorry I didn't catch that it is actually an iPad Pro. Good luck with your issue. There was another person asking about Forscore and gestures a few months ago. Maybe they'll read this and have a better answer.

Most reactions

Latest posts