What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forscore Pro features don't work

hiro protagonist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I paid for Forscore Pro in order to get page turning by facial gestures, and I am definitely enrolled (my enrollment expires in late July, 2024)..
I am using an IpadPro 2nd Gen. (12.9") running iPadOS 16.6 with Forscore 14.0.3.
Despite following instructions carefully, I cannot get the facial gestures option to pop up.
In fact, I cannot even seem to be able to directly message the Forscore folks either.
So I feel I wasted my money.

Is it because my iPad Pro is too old?
Or is there a solution?

Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Facial gestures probably requires the front camera hardware used in Face ID. It has an infrared camera and dot projector that can 3D map your face.

Your iPad does not support FaceID, so it's unlikely you can do anything to make the feature work. I'm a bit surprised the developer doesn't make that obvious in the setup on the device.

OP
H

hiro protagonist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Facial gestures probably requires the front camera hardware used in Face ID. It has an infrared camera and dot projector that can 3D map your face.

Your iPad does not support FaceID, so it's unlikely you can do anything to make the feature work. I'm a bit surprised the developer doesn't make that obvious in the setup on the device.

Thanks! That explains it.
Sadly I wasted $10. I also couldn't get the direct support thing to work.

OP
H

hiro protagonist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. You might want to see if some of the page turning devices it mentions are cheap enough to give a chance. But don't get caught in the sunk cost fallacy.
I already bought one that works fine. Thanks. That said, I like the idea of turning pages with facial gestures.

Most reactions

Latest posts