What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Photos to PC - How to Move Them?

DUTCH VanAtlanta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before, or if this is the wrong forum to ask.

I have a slew of photo albums: iTunes synced, imported direct form my cameras with the camera connector as well as photos saved from emails, etc.

I would like to move the whole bunch to my PC to be used there. How can I do this? Is there an app which will enable me to do this through the USB plug without going through iTunes or having to email each photo individually?

TIA fo any advice on this subject.

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First since you refer to "PC" I will assume you are using Windows. Also be aware that the photos on your iPad will not be the full resolution of those on your camera. To have the full resolution, you will have to move them directly from your camera to your PC.

If you plug your iPad into your PC you can then go to Windows Explorer (file system) and you will see your iPad listed. You will see a DCIM subfolder which will have all the photos you transferred via the camera connection kit. You can the just drag theM to a folder on your PC.

Pinmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to butt in here but I was interested in the comment that "the photos on your iPad will not be the full resolution of those on your camera." Does this mean that if I transfer the photos onto my iPad via the Camera Connection KIt and then later onto my PC I will lose resolution? I am interested as this is what I was planning to do when I go on holiday so I thought I'd buy a CCK. If it does lose resolution by this method, would the same be true of transferring via an Eye-fi card? Thanks for any reply.

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pinmac said:
Sorry to butt in here but I was interested in the comment that "the photos on your iPad will not be the full resolution of those on your camera." Does this mean that if I transfer the photos onto my iPad via the Camera Connection KIt and then later onto my PC I will lose resolution? I am interested as this is what I was planning to do when I go on holiday so I thought I'd buy a CCK. If it does lose resolution by this method, would the same be true of transferring via an Eye-fi card? Thanks for any reply.

I may have said this poorly the first time. What I meant was that the photos synced to your iPad through iTunes will not be full resolution. The iPad shows a lower resolution photo The photos synced through the CCK to the iPad will be full resolution once transferred back to your PC.

As for Eye-fi I am not familiar with how that works.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I really enjoy my eye-fi card. Being able to see my pictures soon after taking them without having to deal with wires is great. I do have the cck as well, since I started with that method. I like being able to delete individual photos from the iPad.

Most reactions