What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad photo app

isrararrafi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This might have been asked before, and there might or might not be a solution for it. But I could not find it so far.

Anyway the problem is, I uploaded some pictures from my pc to the iPad, and only had two tabs on the top...photos and album. I did not have the event places or face tab. So I searched around for a bit and found out I have to manually add the geographic info on the pictures if my camera does not support it natively. And picasa apparently does it. So I downloaded picasa and geotagged some pictures and re-synced the iPad and voilà! There it was, the place tab. But now I want the event and face tab too, but naming the faces in. Picasa did not do the job this time. Still only 3 tabs r showing...no faces and no events. Speaking of events I have no idea where I can edit that part of the photo and make it appear on The iPad. I do not have a Mac, only use pc with windows 7. Any help would be appreciated ....thank you

Twiddles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Events are created when you upload from a camera to your iPad, so I guess you could create the "tab" that way. Events will not assign the date to each of your photos (Events is the date when a group of photos were uploaded) unlike GeoTagging which allows you to assign a place to each photo.

Faces are created in applications that are Mac specific (IE iPhoto and Aperture) so without one of those two programs I don't see how you could create the "tab" without finding a way to import that information into the EXIF data on the photo (like Picasa did with the Geotag).

Faces is really just another album but I am sure the "name" data for each face must be stored with each photo because the programs (Iphoto and Aperture) eventually learn the Face and automatically assign a name to each photo.

OP
I

isrararrafi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks a lot..

i have the camera kit and will try that out. but is it possible to "rename" the events after i upload them? as in change the "Dates" to a specific name?

Most reactions

Latest posts