What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini Retina Shipping Tread

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine is supposed to be delivered today. Order processed and arrived Hong Kong on the Nov 30th, shipped to Taouyan, Taiwan on 12/4, arrived & departed Anchorage on 12/4, arrived Louisville 12/5. Latest update a little earlier stated that scheduled connection was missed. So far, no additional flights to Philly scheduled. Why would a parcel be held (in HK) unnecessarily for days? I sent an inquiry which IMHO seemed to stimulate some action. Seems odd, in that there were UPS flights scheduled to Philly via Anchorage for 2 or 3 days prior to my parcel being shipped. Oh well. V

Apple is using a slower shipping method this time. In the past devices shipped in one to two days. Now it is a week. So the shippers just hold your stuff only because apple (and you) didn't pay for faster shipping. I might have had I realized they had changed to this slower shipping to help keep profits up.

Patriks7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After a long decision time, I ordered a 32GB LTE in silver last night! Hoping it gets here before christmas (and my birthday!) :)

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it did finally come....about 20 minutes after I gave up & went & took a shower. It was logged in as being delivered at 9:08 p.m., but I think it was a bit later than that (about 20 minutes) because hubby & heard the truck stop in front of house. I went ahead & printed out the form & signed it for them to leave it & taped it to my front door. Hated to do that, but had a migraine & sinus infection & hubby had to get up very early for work & just didn't trust the website that it was really coming. Of course that was soon after I gave up! LOL So I traipsed outside w/ my wet hair & my sick self & got it 'cause I was scared to leave it outside overnight. Thankful to finally have it though!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, it did finally come....about 20 minutes after I gave up & went & took a shower. It was logged in as being delivered at 9:08 p.m., but I think it was a bit later than that (about 20 minutes) because hubby & heard the truck stop in front of house. I went ahead & printed out the form & signed it for them to leave it & taped it to my front door. Hated to do that, but had a migraine & sinus infection & hubby had to get up very early for work & just didn't trust the website that it was really coming. Of course that was soon after I gave up! LOL So I traipsed outside w/ my wet hair & my sick self & got it 'cause I was scared to leave it outside overnight. Thankful to finally have it though!

Congrats! UPS is known to deliver late in the day during the holidays.

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't think when I ordered it, that I would end up being delivered during the holidays. I'm not a big orderer of things even though all my neighbors around me are. I sure feel for the UPS & Fed Ex drivers!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't think when I ordered it, that I would end up being delivered during the holidays. I'm not a big orderer of things even though all my neighbors around me are. I sure feel for the UPS & Fed Ex drivers!

Oh, I don't feel for them. During the down turn they were kept busy...much better than having no job!

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
True, true! People asked hubby & I if we had good Thanksgiving & we said we worked & they looked so sad & in today's world we are just happy to have a job! People tend to not think about the medical personnel, police, ambulance, firefighters, etc....whose offices don't close for holidays! Job security right!

veesubotee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On your delivery day, when it said out for delivery, did you really get it that day? I finally had a bunch of check in's show up for several states today & it shows out for delivery but it is 6:45pm & not here yet. I'm tired & sick & would like to go take a hot shower & go to bed but I'm scared UPS will come! I'm also scared they won't ever come & I'm wasting my time sitting around...

Short answer: yes it was. IIRC, the tracking report stated 'out for delivery' at around 7:00 AM It arrived in mid-afternoon. I chatted briefly with the driver about the 'route' that the package had taken. Interestingly, the package had a California return address on the shipping label.

From my 2nd floor computer/hobby room, I can overlook the street. Usually, I can see numerous UPS trucks running up and down. On the day of delivery, there was a truck that passed my way very early (unusual), only to return several minutes later. Must have been a pickup (around 8:00 AM). The only other truck was the one that delivered my package. Another interesting fact: My confirmation email from Apple stated delivery on the 9th. UPS tracking stated delivery on the 5th, but due to 'errors', was delayed until the 6th.

V

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good luck! I still have no idea why mine seemed to go back to Hong Kong, but I guess it's like what they say about having a baby, once you have it in your hands, the frustration (pain) is soon forgotten! ;-) Loving it & happy now!

Patriks7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it just arrived! :) did a quick check, no cosmetic damages, the screen is perfect and everything works! Only annoyance, the sleep button is a bit loose. Audibly rattles when I shake the tablet. Ah well, definitely won't be sending it back now :D

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well it just arrived! :) did a quick check, no cosmetic damages, the screen is perfect and everything works! Only annoyance, the sleep button is a bit loose. Audibly rattles when I shake the tablet. Ah well, definitely won't be sending it back now :D

You hear a rattle? I don't hear any rattles on any of my iPads. Just saying is all, friend.

Patriks7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congrats!

Thanks!

You hear a rattle? I don't hear any rattles on any of my iPads. Just saying is all, friend.

Thanks, I know it's not normal (not my first iDevice). It's very slight, I have to get my ear very close to hear it. I can feel the sleep button is slightly loose. But I don't think it's a deal breaker enough to send it back considering everything else seems to be in great condition, especially since it would take a couple weeks to get back again (we don't have Apple Stores in my country). I mean I'll definitely think about it, I just don't want to receive one that would be worse.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, I know it's not normal (not my first iDevice). It's very slight, I have to get my ear very close to hear it. I can feel the sleep button is slightly loose. But I don't think it's a deal breaker enough to send it back considering everything else seems to be in great condition, especially since it would take a couple weeks to get back again (we don't have Apple Stores in my country). I mean I'll definitely think about it, I just don't want to receive one that would be worse.

If I grab the button, on the long side between my fingernails, I can rock it back and forth to either side, even though it is an in/out kind of button. So, there should be play there otherwise it would not function as a button.

Most reactions

Latest posts