What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD MINI 2 WITH VERIZON---CYDCOR BOOTUP????

techman502

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got a good one for you tech guys. I have and Ipad Mini 2 With Verizon cell service. I bought this from someone and my issue is it boots to a screen that says CYDCOR with continue with setting up your configuration then goers to a sign in screen for CYDCOR. How can i completely get rid of this and turn this back into a normal ipad? I did notice after restore if i dont choose a wireless network that this device goes few steps farther in setup but as soon as it connects to wifi it finds this CYDCOR bit. Anyway to get rid of this? Seems it automatically connects to their server and wants a login. Cant get any farther with it.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums, techman502!

It looks like there’s a configuration profile installed on this iPad. You can’t remove it yourself. Whatever you do, you will end up with the device trying to sign in, or a bricked iPad. The only organization that can remove this profile, is the one where it’s connected to.

OP
T

techman502

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums, techman502!

It looks like there’s a configuration profile installed on this iPad. You can’t remove it yourself. Whatever you do, you will end up with the device trying to sign in, or a bricked iPad. The only organization that can remove this profile, is the one where it’s connected to.

Just seems like their would be some way to bypass or delete it. Its coming from the web it seems when it accesses the internet.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I suggest you contact the person you bought it from. They should have signed out and restored the device to factory settings before selling it.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just seems like their would be some way to bypass or delete it. Its coming from the web it seems when it accesses the internet.
It works like Activation Lock. The information is stored on Apple’s servers, and connected to this device. No way to get around this.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If there were an easy way to bypass it, it wouldn’t be very secure. iPads like this are normally company property and the companies want to make sure that their iPads can’t be erased and used by unauthorized people.

Most reactions