What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Memory Leaking with Email

peternal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I searched for a good thread on the above topic but could not find anything of value. My ipad ran out of memory and I discovered after deleting many Apps that my USAGE memory (data and attachments)from Email was over 2.5GByte. I deleted all my emails and then all accounts only to find my USAGE was over 2 GByte. This was lost data/files or what is called memory leak. Allocated memory with no home.
I search many threads around this to see if I could regain this lost memory. In the end only one thing worked for me.
1) Backup on Itunes
2) Reset ALL on Ipad
3) and restore from backup.

I regained over 2GBytes of memory with no lost data

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your solution has been discussed in quite a few threads of iPadForums. It's common. What you were experiencing, was Other storage collecting, and taking storage space on your iPad. Restoring is the only way to get rid of some of these data.

Most reactions

Latest posts