What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad loosing charge while plugged into mains

Trishk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Recently, after using my Ipad on battery, I charge it on the mains as usual, but while the green bar on top right, is showing, the charge percentage goes down. Even when i turn off the wifi or don't use it, the % goes down. If i leave it plugged into the mains, turn it off and leave it for a few hours, it's charged back to 100%.

This is something new, so any help is appreciated.

Trishk

OP
T

Trishk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its a mini bought 4/13 and I'm on 8.2. I'm not very knowledgeable about these things. I bought a new lightning cable last year and wall plug charger and I always charge it and mostly use it on the mains unless Im away. I do use the battery once a month to run it down etc. It was doing fine until recently.

Thanks

OP
T

Trishk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, once its charged to 100% and I use it while plugged into the mains, The percentage doesn't go down. Strange!

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First thing I would recommend is trying a different , plug and cable (preferrably certified by Apple) and see if that helps. You should also inspect the lightning port on your ipad and check for dirt or damage.

OP
T

Trishk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll have to do that tomorrow when shops are open. I will let you know.

Trishk

OP
T

Trishk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
New plug seems to,have done the trick, as well as checking the lightning port.

Many thanks

Trish

Most reactions

Latest posts