What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Joystick

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the JOYSTICK-IT Arcade Stick for the iPad/iPad 2?

I avoid purchasing a lot of popular touchscreen games after having less than favorable experiences with a couple in the past. Can't seem to maneuver fast enough.:( Guess I sort of rather enjoy having a controller in my hand for game play.

The accessory appears to be able to aide some of the precision issues that can be associated with these apps. I've attached a link below for those who may not have seen this item before.

ThinkGeek :: JOYSTICK-IT iPad Arcade Stick

Any feedback is appreciated. :D

Last edited:

bobbcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks neat. I too have some games that are just aggravating to play because they really don't lend themselves too well to the touch screen (Ms Pac Man being among those.....). Reviews on this little joystick I have perused have been mostly positive. Do you plan to give this thing a shot?

Edited to add feedback on another joystick that appears to be a better fit for the iPad: http://news.cnet.com/thumbs-up-ipad...n-apple-stores/8301-17938_105-20064508-1.html

Last edited:

oscarrod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm I saw one of Kickstarter the other day. It looked much smaller and cheaper. I wish I could find the link!

OP
Anomalous

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
bobbcat said:
Looks neat. I too have some games that are just aggravating to play because they really don't lend themselves too well to the touch screen (Ms Pac Man being among those.....). Reviews on this little joystick I have perused have been mostly positive. Do you plan to give this thing a shot?

Edited to add feedback on another joystick that appears to be a better fit for the iPad: http://news.cnet.com/thumbs-up-ipad-fling-joystick-now-in-apple-stores/8301-17938_105-20064508-1.html

Yes! It would be something I would use a lot, as long as it works accordingly. Thanks for the link. I think I've seen that before. Will check it out too.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF

Last edited:

Lusid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The fling is excellent. It gives good tactile feed back and doesn't let your thumb out of the onscreen control area. I bought 2 for dual analog stick control layouts.

I also have set of psyclone thumbies. The dpad from the thumbies set doesn't work very well, but the rest of the set is good. There is a 4 button peice that is good for directional control and a couple of single button peices that are good stick anywhere buttons.

OP
Anomalous

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lusid said:
The fling is excellent. It gives good tactile feed back and doesn't let your thumb out of the onscreen control area. I bought 2 for dual analog stick control layouts.

I also have set of psyclone thumbies. The dpad from the thumbies set doesn't work very well, but the rest of the set is good. There is a 4 button peice that is good for directional control and a couple of single button peices that are good stick anywhere buttons.

Thanks!

bobbcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Appreciate the link above, Ivan. I think I picked up somewhere while reading up on the Fling that it is sold in Apple stores. Where did you purchase yours?

OP
Anomalous

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IvanLasston said:
Mac|Life's review of the Joystick vs the Fling
Joystick-It and Fling iPad Thumbsticks Review | Mac|Life
I bought the Fling and it does work well. The only problem is I put a Zagg invisible shield front cover - and it is too sticky to work with the Fling.

I too have a Zagg shield on my screen. This was one of my concerns with these joystick options. Thank you for sharing your experience and the links for other similar products.

Lusid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes thanks for the comment about the zagg. I have one but haven't put it on yet. If it causes problems with the fling then I probably won't install it.

I bought my fling at Fry's.

Most reactions

Latest posts