What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPAD GURU NEEDED PLEASE HELP!!!!

agzilla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have my ipad2 sync'd to my MacbookPro and all works as it should... but i want to sell my Macbook and pair my iPad with my MacPro Desktop computer instead.. When i plug my iPad into the desktop computer iPhoto wants to sync with it everytime despite me not wanting to (which is NOT the problem but shows the Mac see's the ipad)

My iTunes on the MacPro will NOT find the iPad2??? I get no "devices" in the list on the left in iTunes like o do on my laptop..

So...

Do i / can i... reset my iPad2 to factory settings and unpair it with all computers and start over with my desktop Mac?

If i do will i lose my apps i've bought from the itunes store?

I did a back up to iCloud... does this help?

Are the apps i've paid for registered in my itunes account whatever so i can re-download them after i reset the ipad2?

Hope this makes some kind of sense...

Thank you very much in advance to the wise person who solves this for me!!

Zilla.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Open iTunes on your MacPro. Go to Store, and select "Authorize this computer". You will then be able to enter your Apple ID on your new computer. Start with this, and see if your newly authorized computer finds your iPad.

Jumping to the end of your problem, don't forget to "Unauthorize" your MacBook before you sell it, as you have a limited number of devices that can share your AppleID, and the MacBook will be wasting one of those slots.

OP
A

agzilla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey thanks for replying...

I did authorize the MacPro but it made no difference...

I guess i want to know if i can reset my ipad2 to factory settings and un authorize the laptop, then tell the ipad to sync to the macpro..

But will i be able to then restore my iCloud backup or re download my paid apps from itunes without further cost?

Unless you have some other better ideas?

Thanks again!

Zz.

johnhyunyoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
whatever you downloaded on itunes is yours.
even if you factory reset, you will be able to download the apps all over again for no cost. i understand you have it backed up on icloud. if you have truly backed everything up, then you will be able to restore everything back onto it after the factory reset.

OP
A

agzilla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks.. i think i'll bite the bullet later and just go for it... got someone who wants to buy my laptop asap... so i need to get on with it!

Cheers..

Zz.

Most reactions