What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad for Educational Administrators

ctillerjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a Principal of an urban city school in Detroit and I issued all of my Lead teachers iPads so that we can communicate through iMessage. I also use the iPad for classroom walk throughs, and as soon as I am completed I email the teachers my findings. They really enjoy the instant feedback and it allows me time to cover multiple classrooms in a short amount of time! If anyone would like more information on how I efficiently use the iPad for teacher evaluations and other administrative duties, I will be more than happy to share, and maybe we can bounce ideals off each other.

Last edited:

EDROCKER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My principal has also been loving his ipad for evaluations. Many teachers I know are using EDROCKER: educational rock music in their classrooms and impressing their administrators during evaluations. Check out Edited by Moderator - No External links, please read the forum rules for more

Last edited by a moderator:

Soccer5se

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tell me more

I am a Principal of an urban city school in Detroit and I issued all of my Lead teachers iPads so that we can communicate through iMessage. I also use the iPad for classroom walk throughs, and as soon as I am completed I email the teachers my findings. They really enjoy the instant feedback and it allows me time to cover multiple classrooms in a short amount of time! If anyone would like more information on how I efficiently use the iPad for teacher evaluations and other administrative duties, I will be more than happy to share, and maybe we can bounce ideals off each other.

I would really like to know more about how you are using the iPad with your teachers. I'm a Ed.D student and my project study will be about mobile technology in the classroom. I would really like to hear more about your school.

OP
ctillerjr

ctillerjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Soccer5se said:
I would really like to know more about how you are using the iPad with your teachers. I'm a Ed.D student and my project study will be about mobile technology in the classroom. I would really like to hear more about your school.

I would like to share with you please leave a contact email

emanitta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am a high school assistant principal. I just got my IPad and am interested in hearing what people are doing with their IPads in school.

emanitta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you share with me as well? [Moderator edit: No personal e-mails. Please, read our rules. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:

j_da_que

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a high school assistant principal and I was using my personal iPad until the district bought one for all the administrators. I would be interested in hearing how other administrators use their iPads. Personally, I use Pages to take notes during classroom observations, then I save as a word doc, email them to myself. When I complete their Formal Observation Form, I print out and attach the notes. I'm looking for a way to streamline this process a little. Also, I use Dragon Dictation to dictate memos, letters, announcements, etc. I take notes in meetings using Penultimate or Evernote, depending on the situation. Dropbox keeps all my documents handy on my iPad and I hope to use Fuze Meeting in the near future.

Has anyone done anything with CommonCore app for the iPad?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
At my school I'm supposed to check the school security camera's each week for any issues and I can easily pull them up on the iPad without needing to walk all the way over to the security camera room.

Administration over here does not have iPads, but the principal would love to get one. She monitors the security camera's all day from her office computer, iPad would allow her to monitor while walking around the school grounds.

S

sanjmeh

ctillerjr said:

I am an edupreneur working on a disruptive use of iPads in the classroom. Would like you to share your experience on various uses of the iPad in the classroom?

Best

Sanjay

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Our district uses them for classroom walk-thru and observations. The program is called I observation. You can add the icon to your screen.

S

sanjmeh

iluvmyipad said:
Our district uses them for classroom walk-thru and observations. The program is called I observation. You can add the icon to your screen.

Thanks, yeah walk-thru is a really good use of iPad capability. What inputs do you want to be entered on the iPad during a walk thru?

Most reactions