What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad Email-hit trash to delete and email shuts down

Stoofpilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I both have IPads. Intermittently, on each IPads at different times, when you try to delete an email by hitting the trash can, the email program will shut down and you end up back at the main screen.

I have rebooted and sometimes it will delete properly and other times, the email program shuts down.

Any thoughts?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could be your email server. I know I used to have hotmail and I would try to check my email and the email would show up but the email had no contents. (stupid microsoft) I use gmail now and it works great.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I both have IPads. Intermittently, on each IPads at different times, when you try to delete an email by hitting the trash can, the email program will shut down and you end up back at the main screen.
Any thoughts?

There are all kind of eMails. What kind do you have
I for example have Exchange , Gmail, And some local Providers mail.
Never had that problem on all of them.

Maybe you have too many Open programs, and the iPAD don't have any memory left to run properly your mail.

So next time it start happening, clear all the applications that are open. Leave only the Mail, and check out the "trash thing"

Lacontessa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issue, starting with the new iOS with the combined email functionality. I run exchange (Corp email - OWA), gmail and hotmail. It is easily reproducible. IMHO, it's a bug.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have exchange as well as Gmail, and never had a problem.
Maybe a Hard Reset will help.C
I already noticed that people keep their iPAD on for many weeks (which is nice) , and never perform a hard reset.
Any computerized device accumulate junk in it's memory - Yes including iPAD.

Hkira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem as Stoofpilot describes......

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here too, only sometimes and only when I am using the "COMBINED" or all mail view. I can go back into mail and view from the "account" choice and successfully delete the mail that caused the drop.

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a bug.

The way I get around it is to put the iPad in landscape mode. The I "edit" the inbox and mark all the mail I want to delete. Then delete and no problems. Kind of a hassle, but it's a work around.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a bug.

The way I get around it is to put the iPad in landscape mode. The I "edit" the inbox and mark all the mail I want to delete. Then delete and no problems. Kind of a hassle, but it's a work around.
10Q
Good t know in case I stumble on that bug.

OP
S

Stoofpilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I called Apple support. They had me delete my email account them go to settings and do a reset. Once iPad rebooted, I had to go back and recreate the email account again. Problem has not happen again.

Most reactions