What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad Docking Stations

moloney_mj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

Can anyone suggest some good docking stations (for the new iPad) to mostly use at a workstation?

Thanks!

valinrace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@moloney_mj

Sir may I ask what kind of docking stations are you looking for? because they are really different kinds. like a stereo type docking stations or for cars?, etc....

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
moloney_mj said:
Hello

Can anyone suggest some good docking stations (for the new iPad) to mostly use at a workstation?

Thanks!

It is hard to understand your question. Do you want a docking station so that your iPad can be charged? If so, the Apple Dock works great, you can plug it into your workstation's USB port (if it has one) and your iPad will continue to charge while your workstation is on.

Do you want to transfer information from your workstation to your iPad? If so, the Apple Dock works great, you can launch iTunes and transfer any iPad compatible data files.

A lot of people mistake the term docking station in reference to the iPad. Laptops had docking stations that you could plug in an external monitor, keyboard, and mouse turning the laptop into a desktop. Over time, these same docking stations became usb hubs that allowed you to keep a monitor, keyboard, mouse connected to the usb hub and all that you needed was to plug in the hub to your usb port on your laptop. Now these peripherals are bluetooth enabled so there are some monitors, keyboards, and mice that you can use for your laptop without a physical connection.

If you want to do the same for your iPad, you can purchase a bluetooth keyboard--I have one, the Zaggmate Bluetooth keyboard, works GREAT! I have not heard of blue tooth monitors or mouse that an iPad can use. Mice seem to be incompatible with iPad's touch screen technology.

Other than that, if you can be more explicit about what you are wanting to do with your iPad, that would be helpful. As valinrace advised, there are also car docks, etc. available.

Here is a link that describes the Apple Dock for Ipad:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC360ZM/A

Last edited:

Malikor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is a ClamCase considered a docking station or just a case? Cuz I intend to buy one, haven't had a chance to look into it much tho. $150 is a bit pricey.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Sounds like you want a docking station to configure the iPad like a computer work station.

The Smart Cover is you least expensive option. It stands up the iPad and you can use the supplied
power cable to charge.

I tried two configurations including the Apple brand docking station, using wireless keyboard.
It wasn't for me. I gifted both within a week.

The iPad really is meant to be in your hands.

AA

SarahElizabeth19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just got a Clamcase and i love love love it, i can use it as a "laptop", stand to use the touch screen and still as a tablet. i think its totally worth the $150 and they are made for the ipad 1 2 & 3

Most reactions

Latest posts