What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Controller for Games?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If Apple is going to market the iPad as a gaming device, how long before we see a controller if ever?

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If Apple is going to market the iPad as a gaming device, how long before we see a controller if ever?

Hmm..maybe a good 6 months after release. Hmm...i think about the size..it will probably be in the range of a SNES controll and a normal Iphone size.

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking something more along the lines of this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSPUP59Qnvc]YouTube - iControlPad Prototype running psx4iphone - Wipeout XL - Ridge Racer[/ame]

Adydsauza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Provided this technology works well, I'd like to see what it was like coupled with Nvidia's 3D Vision. I really enjoyed pc gaming more when they innovated. Infact I don't prefer to use a controller for my PC gaming. If I wanted a controller for FPS, I would play them on my PS3.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as the refresh rate is high enough the iPad should in theory work with Bluetooth Shutter Glasses. I honestly expect to see this offered at some point in conjunction with the 3D movie craze. Maybe by the time Avatar comes to home video.

Guillaume

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A controller for the iPad would be cumbersome, and non-standard. Furthermore, by needing a controller, a game would impose an extra expense on its users- that would definitely impede on the game's sales. Who would want to buy a controller that's only required for a minority of games?

So I really doubt it'll ever be something viable.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already posted this in a new thread, but what does everyone think of just using an iPhone or iPod Touch as a game controller??

codyhinson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thta makes sense to just use your iphone or ipod to control the games . it would be easy to hardware adapt them for that smart idea :)

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad game controller

Hmm..maybe a good 6 months after release. Hmm...i think about the size..it will probably be in the range of a SNES controll and a normal Iphone size.

This a just a dream devellop a device so sophisticated took at least one FULL year

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A controller for the iPad would be cumbersome, and non-standard. Furthermore, by needing a controller, a game would impose an extra expense on its users- that would definitely impede on the game's sales. Who would want to buy a controller that's only required for a minority of games?

So I really doubt it'll ever be something viable.

People already carry a mouse with a laptop....what's the difference?

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think using your iPhone/iPod touch would be a great controller for many games on the iPad. Sync 'em via bluetooth... your game stays stationary on your iPad while you can still use the accelerometer and virtual d-pad on your iPhone. I'm sure somebody will be working on it if not already.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think using your iPhone/iPod touch would be a great controller for many games on the iPad. Sync 'em via bluetooth... your game stays stationary on your iPad while you can still use the accelerometer and virtual d-pad on your iPhone. I'm sure somebody will be working on it if not already.

Other nice thing about that is it can be customized per game...

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Controler

Good idea, but not so easy to made it (due to some Apple limitation)

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Good idea, but not so easy to made it (due to some Apple limitation)

There are plenty of games for iPhone/Touch that allow for multiplayer over bluetooth, and also some that can communicate data (like bump) Where would the difficulty come in?

Most reactions

Latest posts